Nail Art is my passion! This blog is all about nails :) I wanted to share my passion with others and be able to connect and follow others who share the same interests! I hope you enjoy my blog :) Feel free to comment, like, share and/or give feedback. (You can also find me on Facebook and Pinterest).
Tips and Tricks
- Before applying nail polish, be sure to start with a clean canvas every time. Swipe some polish remover over your nails, even if they are polish-free. This will remove the oils that don't allow the polish to adhere to your nails properly and will make your manicure last longer.
- To ensure your hands and nails are healthy, wash and moisturize daily. Any type of lotion will work. Also, make sure to take care of your cuticles by massaging in cuticle oil on a daily basis. While your massaging your cuticles massage your nail beds. (Not just the cuticle, but the actual nail.) It increases blood flow to your nails, which stimulates nail growth and keeps them healthier.
- Drink plenty of water and fresh fruit juices, along with taking a multivitamin daily. It will help keep your body, and in turn your nails, well hydrated.
- When filing your nails, only file in one direction. Do not file in a back-and-forth motion, as it will make your nails brittle.
- Do not file your nails directly after getting your hands wet, make sure they are completely dry before filing. Just like your hair, your nails are weakest when wet.
- Clean up your cuticles using a Q-tip or an angled eye brush.
- To make your own dotting tools, grab a bobby pin or a sewing needle. The ends are perfect for creating small dots.
- To remove glitter polish in a timely manner, paint your nails before-hand with a thin coat of Elmer's Glue. Make sure it dries and then continue as usual. When your ready, the polish will peel right off. Wash your hands with soap and water to ensure all glue is gone.
- If you want to create a beautiful, eye catching design with tape, make sure to stick the tape on your hand a few times first. If you apply the tape without first doing this step, it will ruin your manicure.
- You can make your own polish by taking a top coat and your favorite color eye shadow and mixing them together.