Nail Passion

Nail Art is my passion! This blog is all about nails :) I wanted to share my passion with others and be able to connect and follow others who share the same interests! I hope you enjoy my blog :) Feel free to comment, like, share and/or give feedback. (You can also find me on Facebook and Pinterest).

Thursday, January 30, 2014

FUNKY FINGERS SWATCH & REVIEW

Hello ladies and gents! I'm really excited about this post because I had alot of fun doing all of these swatches today :) Funky Fingers polish is now one of my favorite brands of polish…and maybe after this post you'll find you love it too ;)

 
Just a fair warning, this will be a very picture heavy post so I hope you enjoy it! 



First up is Lazer Pink- This is a really fun, bright neon pink…more of a lighter shade of pink. 
2-3 coats 



Beautiful- This polish almost looks like a jelly polish, but I haven't ever seen or owned a jelly so I'm not sure if it actually is one. It has beautiful (pun intended lol) rainbow-reflecting shards. I actually didn't like this one as much as I expected to, but it is really pretty.
2-3 coats over Lazer Pink 



Like Clockwork- This is a gorgeous yellow-orange neon…it appears a little bit more yellow in photos but I love it! I was a little impatient with letting this one dry for some reason so I had to redo a couple of fingers a few times :P Whoops!
2-3 coats



Cyclone Sky- I love this color! It's a blue-ish mint green color (I know that sounds weird, but it's the only way I know how to describe it). 
2 coats



Mint Choco-Chip- The name suits this polish doesn't it? ;) It makes me want Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream…and I'm not really an ice cream person. This one really caught my eye in the store, but until I actually started swatching I didn't realize there were 3 different size black hex glitters and 2 different size silver hex glitters. Plus it was really fun to apply! (It looks kind of blue, but I assure you it is mint). 3-4 coats



Puffo Gelato- If you compare this one to the last one, the last one looks like a sky blue :( but it really is mint green! Lol (You can tell if you look at the pictures of the bottles at the top of this post). When I was in the store I didn't notice that the glitters in this were actually different from the Mint Choco-Chip. As opposed to silver hex glitter, this one only has 3 different sizes of black hex glitter.
2-3 coats




220 Volts- I understand why they named this one 220 Volts...when I was figuring out how I would describe it…it's like an electric blue :P They were smart thinkers! (Whoever named these). This was the only polish that actually dried matte, and I love it! So the first photo is without a topcoat, and the other 2 are with a top coat.
2-3 coats



Riot- A beautiful deep purple. Is there an electric purple?? :P If so, this is it!
2-3 coats



Sand & Stilettos- This is a really fun holographic glitter polish. It's a purple/rainbow glitter. I love this combo!
1-2 coats (I prefer 1…shown with 2) over Riot




Hip City Jack- I fell in love with this color when I saw it, but I think it's actually my least favorite of them all now that I've swatched them. It's still pretty though, don't get me wrong…it's just weird. It's a green-ish silver polish with small blue hex glitters. Although I did use a top coat, I think this polish is a textured polish. I took a macro shot so you can see. It was textured to the touch…but it doesn't say textured anywhere on the bottle, so I was kind of confused.
2 coats



 Lady Charlotte- I really like this combo a lot! This is a pink and purple hex glitter polish with small silver glitter. I think this one would be fun to use in a Valentine's Day Design. Maybe I'll come up with something! ;)
1 coat over Riot



Midge- This is probably my favorite out of them all! The bottle looks like a really dark purple, so I was surprised to find that it's more of a red-ish purple. And I really love the holographic glitters!
2 coats

The brushes on these polishes are amazing! They fan out pretty well and the thing I really like about them is that they don't get overloaded with polish like most polish brushes do.
 (All swatches done with base & top coat).

You can find Funky Fingers polish at any Five Below store (I don't think you can find them anywhere else). I have never heard of either Funky Fingers nor Five Below before a few weeks ago, so while I was in Texas I went into one. It's similar to a dollar store, but much more fun (in my opinion lol). 

So what do you guys think!? I would love to know which one(s) is your favorite! Leave a comment below and let me know!

Thank you for checking out this post! I still have alot more to show you so don't go to far! :)

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow, these swatches are amazing. Funky Fingers is one of those polish brands I forget about until I see swatches like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try Sand and Stilettos on it's own...it is buildable to opaque in 2 or 3 coats and is gorgeous. Also, you should try Beautiful over black polish...I bet i would be really pretty. I am curious if Lady Charlotte is buildable to opaque. I'm so jealous of anyone who has a Five Below near them...I have to buy my Funky Fingers polishes on Ebay...and they are rarely as inexpensive as Five Below =P

    ReplyDelete