Nail Passion

Nail Art is my passion! This blog is all about nails :) I wanted to share my passion with others and be able to connect and follow others who share the same interests! I hope you enjoy my blog :) Feel free to comment, like, share and/or give feedback. (You can also find me on Facebook and Pinterest).

Friday, November 30, 2012

SWATCHES

Hello again :P For this post I have 3 swatches to show you guys. The colors I used are the same colors I showed you in my post New Polishes.

When I was in Ulta I was thinking about the colors I already have and the colors I need and I realized that when I want to stamp with same colors but different shades I usually have to mix one of my colors with white to get a lighter shade. So I bought some pale colors just for stamping :)




This blue is by Essie, it's called Borrowed & Blue and I really love this color :) It's like a Tiffany Blue. I only needed to do 2 coats to make this opaque...and I realized when I bought this polish that this is my first Essie color. I finally stepped out of my comfort zone and bought a different brand lol. And I must say I really like it :) I will definitely be buying more Essie Polishes in the near future.




O.P.I. Pink Friday is a pretty pink. This pink next to the Essie blue above are like baby boy and baby girl colors...If I ever do any nails for a baby shower or just a baby theme I now have some that are perfect :) I have heard some people say they love O.P.I. polish brushes and after using this one I am still neutral. The reason I don't love the brush is because it seems really big and doesn't fan out as much as I like when I use it, but other than that I do like the O.P.I. polishes. To get this color as opaque as I wanted it, I did have to do 3 coats, but even with 3 coats of polish it didn't get thick and tacky like some polishes do if you do more than 2 coats.




And the last color is O.P.I. Do You Lilac It? I am a big fan of purple so I love this color! It only needs 2 coats but I did 3 just because :P I originally used this color just to stamp over it, but I realized I didn't have any swatches of these colors yet, so before I stamped over it I took some pictures...My next blog post will be with these same 3 colors but with stamps over top :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment