Nail Passion

Nail Art is my passion! This blog is all about nails :) I wanted to share my passion with others and be able to connect and follow others who share the same interests! I hope you enjoy my blog :) Feel free to comment, like, share and/or give feedback. (You can also find me on Facebook and Pinterest).

Sunday, June 2, 2013

GALAXY NAILS

Hey guys! I apologize I haven't been around much lately. I've been super busy and pretty much neglected my blog :'( But I have alot more free time, so today I am going to start catching you up on all of the designs I have done in the past few months, so I hope your excited! :) I'm excited because once I catch myself up I plan on posting on a more regular basis again...more on that later!

This post is my second attempt at Galaxy nails. I have seen other bloggers do more of a purple colored galaxy nail and I have always wanted to try it, especially because I loved my first galaxy nails so much!  (Link to that design here). So while I was on vacation visiting family in Arizona (yes I take all of my nail stuff with me on my vacations! :P) I had some free time to paint my nails. The reason I chose Galaxy nails was because it was one of the days of the April Nail Art Challenge, which I started but wasn't able to finish all of the days because of how busy I was with work.

So enough talk, I know you want to see these nails ;)


Because I was on vacation I didn't have my usual set up for pictures...I usually use a light box and sunlight, so these pictures didn't turn out as well as I would have liked, you can't really see the contrast in the different colors, but I still really like them!



The colors I used (sorry I may miss some) were China Glaze, Purr-fect Plum, Coconut Kiss, Urban Night, Sinful Colors, Snow Me White and Silky Polish, Viole Serenade. I started with Purr-fect Plum as the base color and sponged all of the other colors in random spots using a make-up sponge. The more random you place the colors the better the end result looks :)


For the dots and the stars I used my acrylic paint which may have been way to thick. The stars didn't turn out the way I hoped they would, and I didn't want to take off what I had already done so I left them the way they were. So knowing that, maybe I'll try this one again soon just so I can practice doing more stars :) and play around with my acrylic paint a little bit more.


I hope you guys enjoyed this design and I have more coming! I will probably do a few more today and a few tomorrow just so I don't overload you or myself today :P Also I want to thank you for sticking around :) It means alot to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment