Nail Passion

Nail Art is my passion! This blog is all about nails :) I wanted to share my passion with others and be able to connect and follow others who share the same interests! I hope you enjoy my blog :) Feel free to comment, like, share and/or give feedback. (You can also find me on Facebook and Pinterest).

Saturday, June 8, 2013

JUNE NAIL ART CHALLENGE: SUMMER NAILS

Hey guys! I thought I would take a break from all of my swatches and show you guys some of my designs for the June Nail Art Challenge :)


So as you can see the first day's theme is Summer :) And when I was trying to think of what I could do for Summer nails all I could think of was something to do with the beach, flip flops or sunglasses...and those are all themes for other days of the month...I was having what you could call 'writers block' but for nails :P I don't know what you'd call that, a nail block?? Hahahah! :P Anywho, I needed some inspiration so I was going through photos I have liked on Instagram and came across this beautiful design by @seizethenail :)


So after deciding that this was the design I wanted to re-create I went to work! Obviously I think her design turned out better (her nails are gorgeous!) but I have to give myself some credit because I really like the way mine turned out as well :)



Real quick, I do have to tell you that when I was starting the palm trees I really wasn't to happy about how it was turning out. I actually had to start over on about 4 nails :S but once I figured out how to paint the palm trees it was a little bit more exciting to see the design come together.


I started out with a base color of China Glaze, Sky High-Top, and then using a make-up sponge, sponged China Glaze, Coconut Kiss, Frost Bite, Happy Go Lucky, Sinful Colors, Sweet Nothing, Orange Cream, and Silky Polish, Viole Serenade on the tips of my nails. Before I started painting my palm trees I painted one coat of China Glaze, Fairy Dust over each nail to give the sunset a sparkle. Then using my black acrylic paint and a small nail art brush I painted each tree. As I said before I didn't get the trees right on the first try, it took me a minute to figure it out, I even had to look up some YouTube videos to see how other people painted their palm trees. Once each nail had a palm tree on it I was able to finish with a top coat of Seche Vite and then apply Orly's cuticle oil to complete the design.



Thank you for taking a moment to check out my nails! Be sure to follow me on Facebook (Playful Polishes) and Instagram (@playfulpolishes) if you have them :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment