Nail Passion

Nail Art is my passion! This blog is all about nails :) I wanted to share my passion with others and be able to connect and follow others who share the same interests! I hope you enjoy my blog :) Feel free to comment, like, share and/or give feedback. (You can also find me on Facebook and Pinterest).

Thursday, November 21, 2013

31 DAY NAIL ART CHALLENGE: INSPIRED BY A BOOK

Hello again :) Just so you know I'm on Day 24, and it's 'Inspired by a Book'. The book I chose is quite different...I normally would probably go for a childrens book with illustrations and what not, but this time I decided to go with a book that my fiance gave me for Christmas last year :)

The book is called Dancing Otters and Clever Coyotes, by Gary Buffalo Horn Man & Sherry Firedancer. Idk if those are their real names...so if you were wondering, I wonder the same thing lol.

This book is about Animal energies and how we can use them as a guide in our lives. I don't know about you but I believe animals are sent to us in person, in dreams, visions etc. to teach us something, or help us with something that is going on in our lives. I know I may sound extremely weird if you've never heard of this before. I'm not one of those crazy people that worship animals or anything, it's just something I've come to believe over the past couple years :) If this sounds like something you'd be interested in or you just might be curious to know more, google animal meanings. For example, if you come across an animal randomly one day, say a deer, you can google search the meaning and see if the meaning of it can help you through anything that is currently going in your life or in your mind. I won't go into so much detail about it, because that's not what this post is all about, but I recommend you try it out at least once, even if you think it's stupid. It's not anything you have to live by but it has helped me understand certain situations in my life :)

Here is a picture of the book.



So...now onto the design!




I started this design with a base coat of China Glaze, White On White and then did a sponge gradient using Essie, Borrowed & Blue. Using red and white acrylic paint and a small nail art brush I free-handed all of the little images using the book as my guide.




As you can tell this design is very different. Very unique. I love that the images look like cave drawings. If you guys decide to check out the book or any animal messages through google and would like to share your experience with me I would Love to hear about it! You can either comment below, or email me at playfulpolishes@gmail.com if you would like to keep it on the down low :P


No comments:

Post a Comment