Nail Passion

Nail Art is my passion! This blog is all about nails :) I wanted to share my passion with others and be able to connect and follow others who share the same interests! I hope you enjoy my blog :) Feel free to comment, like, share and/or give feedback. (You can also find me on Facebook and Pinterest).

Thursday, November 21, 2013

31 DAY NAIL ART CHALLENGE: INSPIRED BY ARTWORK (Pictorial Included)

This is a fun design! :) I think you guys will really like this one. I didn't pick a certain piece of artwork for this specific design, I just decided to go with a paint splatter look. I have seen a few other nail artists do this and I have wanted to try it for awhile so I figured this was a perfect opportunity...because it is art!




How could you not love something as fun as this! :P I am really happy with how this turned out. I was nervous about it at first, but I'm so glad I tried it!




I bet you're looking at this design thinking about how messy it was and I'll be honest, it was very messy! But I did tape around my nails and that helped :P 



Here is my mess :P


I decided to make a pictorial for this design because I knew I would have people ask how I did it :) So I hope you enjoy it!


Step 1: You will want to paint your nails with a base color, I chose China Glaze, White On White.
Step 2: Tape around your nails (optional). I highly recommend it for an easier clean up.
Step 3: Choose your colors. 
My colors - China Glaze: Sky High-TopHappy Go Lucky
                   Julep: Nellie
                   Ulta: Celebutante
                   O.P.I.: Hot Fun in the Summerlime
Step 4: Dip your straw into your bottle of polish. 
Step 5: Quickly blow into the opposite end of the straw onto your nails. You may have to do this a few times, I suggest doing each nail individually.
Step 6: Repeat Step 5 until you have used all of your colors and are satisfied with the look.
Step 7: Remove the tape. Before I did this I used an orange wood stick to remove most of the excess polish around the cuticle. As you can see it does build up and get pretty thick.
Step 8: Clean around your cuticles. You may have to do this a few times as well because the polish may still drip. 
Step 9: Apply your favorite top coat and take a picture (or a few) of your finished work! :)


I hope you guys like this design and found the pictorial helpful! If you decide to try it please tag me somehow, on Facebook or Instagram, or even leave a comment with a link to your design down below. I would love to see it! And thanks for taking some time to check out my post! :)

2 comments: