Nail Passion

Nail Art is my passion! This blog is all about nails :) I wanted to share my passion with others and be able to connect and follow others who share the same interests! I hope you enjoy my blog :) Feel free to comment, like, share and/or give feedback. (You can also find me on Facebook and Pinterest).

Monday, October 15, 2012

31 DAY CHALLENGE: DAY 22, INSPIRED BY A SONG

Post number 2! Now before I share this design with you I wanted to share that I just updated my cover photo on Facebook and I would love it if you all check it out and tell me what you think! :) Just look up "Playful Polishes" on Facebook.

Now back to the post...this post is Inspired by a Song. I've been thinking about this design for a few days now, trying to think of a song and figure out what I could do to portray the song on my nails...I was also thinking I want to incorporate some of these next designs into Halloween, so this is what I came up with.


I know The Itsy-Bitsy Spider isn't really a song, more like a kid's rhyme...but after I thought of it I couldn't get it out of my head. Plus spiders remind me of Halloween, and even though this isn't a Halloween song, I still wanted to do it. I really like the way it turned out even though it is child-like. It's still cute :) It makes me think of my nephew because my sister taught him the song when he was about 2 or 3 and I could picture him singing it the entire time I was painting my nails :P


For those of you who may not know this song it goes like this, "The itsy-bitsy spider crawled up the water spout, down came the rain and washed the spider out, out came the sun and dried up all the rain, and the itsy-bitsy spider crawled up the spout again". So each nail represents a different part of the song.


The colors I used for this design were China Glaze, Concrete Catwalk, Flyin' HighHappy Go Lucky,  Sinful Colors, Let's Meet, Snow Me White and Orly, Grave Mistake. I Franken-polished a few of the colors for this design, the first was the background color. I mixed together Concrete Catwalk and Snow Me White to make a softer, lighter grey. I also mixed Snow Me White with Flyin' High for the rain, and Happy Go Lucky and Let's Meet to make a shimmery sun. 


I hope you like this design, please feel free to share your thoughts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment