Nail Passion

Nail Art is my passion! This blog is all about nails :) I wanted to share my passion with others and be able to connect and follow others who share the same interests! I hope you enjoy my blog :) Feel free to comment, like, share and/or give feedback. (You can also find me on Facebook and Pinterest).

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

SWATCHES

Hello again :P As I was posting pictures from my Halloween mani I remembered that I had done some swatches of a couple new colors I bought and some that I have had for a little while, but never got the chance to do swatches for. When I was in T.J. Maxx recently I came across some nail polishes they had that I could not leave without :) Not only because they cost less, but because they are So Pretty!!



Orly, Stone Cold


I fell In Love with this color the second I saw it!! It's gorgeous! It's the perfect shade of blue with very tiny pieces of glitter. I applied 2 coats and I think it's a very good formula, very nice and opaque :) I think this is definitely one of my new favorites!



Orly, Rock Solid


Orly, Rock Solid...Honestly, I never thought I would love glitter polish as much as I love this one! And I think they named it perfect! ;) It really does look like a rock hahah. A rock that glitters, so more like a crystal than a rock. Like a raw form of Hematite maybe? There is a crystal I'm thinking of, but I can't remember the name of it at the moment :S

This polish is a grey polish with TONS of glitter! I did 2 coats, and for the most part it came out even over the whole nail, but there were a couple of small places that I needed to add just a little bit more polish.



Orly, Black Shatter (Over Sinful Colors, Courtney Orange)


I bought this black crackle polish because I have a few (crackle) colors but not black, and I think if you own crackle polishes you at least need to have a black :P 

The first 3 nails turned out different than I thought they would (the pinky looks like normal crackle polish), but I really like the way they turned out. I'm not sure what I did different, but it was perfect for the orange and black together and doing this right before Halloween. The only thing I did not like about this crackle polish was that once I applied it (like any normal polish) it shrunk completely away from the cuticle, as if I had started below the cuticle. And it looked bad! :S  I'm not sure that I've had that happen before, or if it's normal...I did have to try and get up near the cuticle, but I think I did a decent job, because I can't really tell in the pictures.



Sinful Colors, Exotic Green


I did not get this polish from T.J. Maxx. This is a green I have had for a little while. I bought it at Walgreens when I found out that they were have a sale on Sinful Colors for $.99 each. I just realized I never did any swatches when I bought them, so I figured I still needed to :)

I really like this color green because it's not to dark and it's not to light, plus it has a great consistency. If I remember right, I had to do 3 coats to make this as opaque as I wanted it, but I'm sure you could get away with 2 coats just fine.



Sinful Colors, Courtney Orange



This orange is very unique, the pictures don't quite do it justice. It's kind of a burnt orange mixed with a regular orange and it has a shimmer to it. The shimmer is not quite big enough to call it glitter, but it does sparkle. I hope that makes sense hahah. I used 2 coats and the only downside was that I hadn't cleaned my cuticles that well before this, so the dark color I had on before kind of showed through.


I will be doing more swatches with my newer colors, so check back and feel free to comment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment